Summer holidays are well and truly here! We’ve put together a list of fun activities to keep the kids entertained this January.
1. Get crafty: Afternoon craft is a simple and fun activity that will keep the kids busy for hours. Put down some newspaper, break out the coloured pens, paints and paper and let the kids’ imaginations run wild!
2. Swap the traffic lights for trail bikes: We have a strong appreciation for nature at King’s Leigh so jump on a bike and take in one of our beautiful green spaces nearby.
3. Cook up a storm: Cooking is a great way to get the kids involved, while also teaching them lifelong skills. Pick a fun summer recipe and put on your chef’s hat. The best part? You get to eat your culinary creation at the end.
4. Have a picnic: Visit one of King’s Leigh’s green spaces; the perfect place to picnic. Pack a basket with all your favourite treats and spend an afternoon in the outdoors.
5. Break out the boardgames: Not every summer day brings the sunshine, so it’s handy to have an indoor activity up your sleeve! We love bringing out board games, like Cluedo, Monopoly or Guess Who? It’s fun for kids and adults alike and a great way to spend a rainy afternoon.